CENTURI Internal newsletter #19
Physics of Living Matter 15 | Change of format
Due to the current epidemics and because of the uncertainty of international flights in October, we have decided to organise the 15th edition of the symposium Physics of Living Matter (PLM 15) as a free online webinar, on October 1st and 2nd, 2020. Registration for the webinar is free, but mandatory, at the following address: https://centuri-livingsystems.org/plm15/. Once registered on CENTURI website, you will receive an invitation email with the information to register to the webinar.
This virtual format has implied the following modifications for the conference:
- cancellation of the Poster session
- extension of the short talk and registration deadlines:
- Short-talk submission deadline: June 30, 2020
- Registration deadline: September 21, 2020
PI call 2020 | Update on the call
Our PI call application’s deadline also ended in February. We received 50 applications and projects. 6 candidates will be interviewed in person, from May 25 to May 27, 2020. The ad hoc evaluation committee was very satisfied with the high quality of applications.
Our candidates will all give a one-hour webinar, open to the entire CENTURI community. We kindly invite you to attend these webinars and listen to our promising candidates !
The precise schedule for these seminars will be the following:
- May 25th – 02:00 pm to 03:00 pm : Jose Davila (MIT, Boston, USA)
- Webinar’s ID number: 941-4805-6072
- Password : 473318
- May 25th – 04:30 pm to 05:30 pm : Philippe Roudot (UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA)
- Webinar’s ID number: 969-6668-5730
- Password : 120637
- May 26th – 09:30 am to 10:30 am : Leo Guignard (IRI-MDC, Berlin, Germany)
- Webinar’s ID number: 990-9123-6966
- Password : 193417
- May 26th – 03:00 pm to 04:00 pm : Pierre Ronceray (Princeton University, New Jersey, USA)
- Webinar’s ID number: 930-4355-4580
- Password : 836211
- May 27th – 09:30 am to 10:30 am : Juliane Liepe (MPI-BPC, Göttingen, Germany)
- Webinar’s ID number: 999-1377-8400
- Password : 340638
- May 27th – 03:00 pm to 04:00 pm : Pablo Sartori (The Rockfeller University, NYC, USA)
- Webinar’s ID number: 925-0685-7076
- Password : 805696
Postdoc call | Update on the call
Around sixty applications were submitted for CENTURI postdoc call. After a round of selection by the projects’ supervisors and by the evaluation committee, 14 candidates will be interviewed in June, by visioconference.
The call will continue as described in the agenda below.
Our Postdoc call 2019-2020 agenda:
- Interviews (ad hoc committee): June 18-19, 2020
- Results of the call: June 24
- Final answer (from candidates): July 1, 2020
PhD call | Update on the call
A total of 28 candidates have be interviewed for the call, by video conference. Offers have been sent to the selected candidates and 12 have accepted so far (2 more are expected to answer by the end of May).
Research teams will welcome these new PhD students from October or November 2020 (depending on research teams).
Job Offer Engineering - 2 open positions
CENTURI is seeking 2 higly motivated research engineers to fill:
- One position of data neuroscientist – neuroscience data processing
- One position of data analyst – bioinformatics
These positions (description enclosed) will be central points of data analysis, data sharing and code sharing for our research community. The 2 engineers would join our multi-engineering platform and are expected to start in September 2020.
Deadline for application: until the vacancy is filled
Gross monthly salary: between € 1,870 and € 3,500 (depending on profile and experience).
Contract: 2-year contract (renewable)
CENTURI multi-engineering welcomes a new engineer
CENTURI is glad to welcome Mathias Lechelon in its Multiengineering platform ! Mathias is our new Mechatronics engineer, in charge of our fab lab, machines as well as hardware/software development of your projects. You can contact Mathias at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CENTURI internship program
MSc Computational and Mathematical Biology internship:
CENTURI is collecting internship proposals (template below), for M2 students of our Master’s program Computational and Mathematical Biology.
Theses internships are expected to take place in a CENTURI lab, from January 2021 to June 2021.
If you wish to propose a project, please send your proposal to email@example.com, by June 15, 2020. Please note that CENTURI will not fund these internships. However, if your lab does not have enough funds to cover the internship stipend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CENTURI MSc programs now open registration
As you may know, CENTURI is deeply involved in 2 interdisciplinary programs: MSc in Physics of Complex Systems and MSc in Computational & Mathematical Biology.
These programs, taught by members of our community, are especially important to us as it represents our contribution to train the next generation of scientists at the interface between biology, physics, mathematics and computer science.
Our 2 Msc programs welcome students from all around the world, registrations to our MSc goes as follows:
- Students outside or Europe: register on Campus France & Études en France (more information here: https://www.univ-amu.fr/en/public/register-aix-marseille-university
Registration status: open
- Students from Europe: directly register on the eCandidat platform
Registration status: open
As usual please feel free to share the info about our 2 MSc with your network.