Mathias Lechelon (CENTURI Multi-engineering platform)
May 2020 – Present | Mechatronics research engineer - CENTURI mutli-engineering platform, Aix-Marseille Université
2018 – 2020 | Postdoctoral fellow - CIML & CPT, Marseille
2014 – 2017 | PhD - CIML & CPT, Marseille
2012 – 2014 | MSc Technologies for health - Université de Montpellier
2008 – 2011 | BSc General biology - Université Grenoble Alpes
I have a PhD in biophysics focusing on long range electrodynamic interactions among biomolecules, consisting in the development of the most suitable technique to observe a change in the diffusing behavior of proteins in solution. My work in instrumentation and my hobby for electronics and CNC machines finally led me to work on the CENTURI Multi-Engineering Platform.
As a research engineer in mechatronics within CENTURI Multi-Engineering Platform, I have 3 mains missions :
- Advice, assistance and collaboration with scientific teams ;
- Fablab/makerspace management : training and welcoming users, writing and sharing tools and tutorials for the makerspace machines ;
- Development of demonstration objects, tools and machines.
I can help you in the design, development and manufacturing of assemblies and automated devices, with my expertise in the following fields :
- Mechanics : Computer-Aided Design (CAD, with FreeCAD, Fusion 360, Solidworks and CATIA), Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) ;
- Electronics : Computer-Aided Design (CAD, with KiCAD and Frizting), CAM and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) soldering.
Computer programming : Python, C/C++
I am in charge of our CENTURI fablab/makerspace. Please contact me if you want to use any of the tools and machines :
- 3D printers (Fused Filament Fabrication, Stereo Lithography Apparatus technologies) ;
- Cutting and engraving machines (laser cutter, CNC router) ;
- Electronics workbench (microcontrolers, oscilloscope, soldering station, power-meter, etc.) ;
- Hand tools.