TThe Turing Center for Living Systems (CENTURI) is an interdisciplinary research center of Aix- Marseille University, bringing together a community of biologists, physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists and engineers.
CENTURI is looking to recruit a new Communication Officer, responsible for leading the project's communications activities. The successful candidate will be fully integrated to the project governance team (5 people), reporting to the Turing Center Director and the Project Director.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to
The Communication Officer, together with the Project Director and the Steering Committee, defines the Turing Center's communications strategy and is responsible for its implementation. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the governance team, particularly the Project Director. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Leading the project's communication activities
- E-mailing to the CENTURI community (scientific events, recruitments, project life, etc.)
- Preparation - writing and design - of internal and external communication materials (posters, flyers, guides, etc.)
- Preparation and writing of a quarterly newsletter
- Management of the mailing lists to the community (update of the lists, modification and creation of email addresses on OVH)
- Active participation in the organization of training and internal events
- Management of external communication towards the international scientific community (research institutes, universities, researchers, learned societies etc.)
- Publication of offers on CENTURI website, publication on specialized websites, emailing, etc.
- Active participation in the creation, organization and smooth running of CENTURI events (major international conferences, calls for proposals for the recruitment of PhD students)
- Active participation in the scientific mediation program (series of conferences and short videos for the general public).
- Management of CENTURI website (public part): diffusion of events, publication of job offers, updating, evolution etc.
- Management of CENTURI social networks (Twitter and LinkedIn)
The selected person will be a full member of the governance team and will attend the Turing Centre’s steering committee. He/she will suggest new tools to ensure good communication of the project and actively participate in the organization of CENTURI events.
Your qualifications / expected profile
CENTURI is looking for a candidate with a Master's degree in science communication or a Master's degree in communication with a strong interest in science.
The successful candidate must have at least one year of successful experience in communication and event organization. Mastery of communication software (Adobe suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom), website management (under WordPress) and social networks is essential. Knowledge of the research and academic world is an important asset. Experience in organizing events would also be a plus.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills and a strong team spirit, knowing how to interact with other members of the governance team as well as with researchers in various fields (biology, physics, mathematics and computer science). CENTURI is looking for an open-minded, proactive person who is able to work independently and has good writing skills.
Fluency in English (European level C1 or C2) is imperative.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a dynamic and highly interactive work environment with the opportunity to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines. CENTURI offers a one-year renewable contract from the University of Aix-Marseille. The salary will be based on the University of Aix-Marseille grids, with a monthly gross salary between 1.870 € and 2.500 € depending on the profile and experience.
Starting date: February 2023
Applications must include:
- A CV
- A cover letter, describing your communications experience
- Two references that we can contact