Sophie Brustlein (CENTURI Multi-engineering platform)
Optics & Biophotonics
April 2018 - Present | Optical research engineer, CENTURI multi-engineering platform
2017 - 2018 | Optical research engineer, Centre Européen de Recherche en Imagerie Médicale CERIMED, AP-HM Timone, Marseille
2011 - 2016 | Postdoctoral fellow, Centre d’Immunologie de Marseille-Luminy
2008 - 2011 | Postdoctoral fellow, Fresnel Institute, Marseille
2006 - 2007 | Postdoctoral fellow, XLIM Institute, Limoges University
2005 - 2006 | Teaching assistant, Femto-ST institute, Besançon University
2001 - 2005 | Ph.D. in Engineering Sciences, Femto-ST institute, Besançon University
1999 - 2001| MSc degree in Optics, Mechanics and Microsystems, Besançon University
1996 - 1999 | BSc degree in Physics, Besançon University
Strongly involved in the fields of experimental optics applied to multidisciplinary projects, I joined the CENTURI multi-engineering platform in 2018 with enthusiasm. A physicist by training, I have always been guided by my interest in instrumentation, particularly in the design and implementation of optical systems dedicated to answering specific biological questions.
During my thesis and my first post-doctoral fellowship, I acquired a strong expertise in non-linear optics and weak signal detection for applications in lifetime fluorescence imaging and astronomy. I then joined the Fresnel Institute, CIML and CERIMED where I enriched my skills in the development of optical tools for life sciences, dealing with 2P fluorescence, second generation harmonic (SHG), stimulated Raman imaging (CARS), polarization resolved microscopy, fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and super resolution (STED/STORM).
Evolving for more than ten years in the field of biophotonic, I enjoy playing a role between research, development and transfer technology and I will be pleased to help you to:
- design setups (find solutions, draw optical plans, assure technological watch)
- ensure their development in an optimal, methodical and robust way,
- validate them (experimentation, metrology, analysis and interpretation of results),
- ensure their technological transfer (patent, management on the CENTURI platforms),
- write operating, use and safety protocols and rules
- train users (trainee, PhD student, technician, engineer, researcher)
- identify specific needs, study feasibility, propose appropriate solutions and manage their implementation / or find the expert you are looking for within the CENTURI community
- interact with the R&D teams of the industrial partners to remove technological barriers.