Job Offer:MicroFluidics & Microengineering
Job Offer:MicroFluidics & Microengineering for Biology
CENTURI is seeking a highly motivated research engineer to fill the post of Microfluidics & Microengineering dedicated to biological investigations, within CENTURI’s technology transfer platform.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to
Provide advice and technical support to CENTURI researchers with designing, fabricating and using microfabricated devices adapted to their biological question.
- Assist in knowledge transfer between CENTURI teams, including fostering links between the CENTURI teams expert of in vitro experimentation and the ones expert in pure in vivo biology.
- Master the different techniques and devices for micro and nano-fabrication accessible within the CENTURI community, and keeping up to date on recent developments in the field.
- Have a theoretical understanding and practical know-how of techniques developed in the fields of microfluidics, micromanipulation and micropatterning for the study of single and assembly of cells.Organize and conduct courses on microfabrication for the CENTURI community: PhD students, postdocs, researchers.
Microfabrication and in vitro assays will be at the core of the project. The successful candidate will be part of CENTURI multiengineering engineering platform, which offers a highly collaborative working environment. The position will give the opportunity to develop state-of-the-art microfabrication tools while gaining knowledge on a broad range of quantitative biology subjects such as single cell mechanics, organoids self-organization, immunology and developmental biology.
Your qualifications / expected profile
You have a PhD (preferred) in microfluidics or in vitro investigations using microfabricated tools.
You have a strong experience in research support or research in microengineering applied to biology. Experience in a service facility is advantageous. Teaching experience would be a plus.
You will have strong team-playing abilities and be able to interact with researchers from many fields, including biology, physics, mathematics and computer science. A friendly, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
The working language of CENTURI is English, but proficiency in French is beneficial.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a vibrant, highly interactive working environment with the ability to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines.
CENTURI offers a two-year contract from Aix-Marseille University (renewable). The salary will be based on Aix-Marseille University’s salary scale, with a gross monthly salary between € 1,870 and € 3,500 (depending on profile and experience).
Application deadline: once the vacancy is filled.
Expected start date: from May 2021
Applications should include:
- A CV, including a list of publications
- A cover letter, describing past experience with microfluidics & microengineering
- Two recommendation letters