Job OfferSoftware research engineer
CENTURI is seeking a highly motivated software engineer, to work within the CENTURI’s technology transfer platform. This position will contribute to the general interest of our research community in developing codes that are shared for various applications.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to
- Develop software solutions for data processing in optical microscopy and super-resolution fluorescence imaging (including automatization, real time visualization and processing), as well as data/signal/image analysis and statistics. Typical data from include 3D volumetric biological imaging, super-resolution localization imaging in 3D, multi-parameters imaging.
- Adapt software solutions to the new microscopy imaging developments performed within the CENTURI project, for instance in parallel processing of multiple images and in super-resolution imaging in 3D localization embedding multi-parameters.
- Adapt solutions to the requirement of research projects in CENTURI, in particular for 3D real time imaging and super-resolution imaging, and test these solutions on real experimental data.
- Integrate previous and/or novel software developments in new software generations, accounting for the latest innovations in the CENTURI project and outside in the fields of biological imaging, image processing and analysis. Provide solutions to the needs of quantitative imaging and in data classification and analysis.
- Bring a theoretical understanding of the algorithms used for data analysis and perform independent literature search, updates and interpretation, to keep abreast of appropriate methods and technologies.
- Communicate openly with CENTURI scientists and disseminate software solutions.
- Help in transferring tools and skills towards research groups and platforms.
Your qualifications / expected profile
You have a Master’s degree (at least) or a PhD (preferred) in Computer Sciences or in Physics/Engineering/Applied Physics, with a strong interest and experience in developing novel computational solutions.
You have strong team-playing abilities and are able to interact with researchers from different fields, including biology, physics and mathematics. A friendly, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
The working language of CENTURI is English, but proficiency in French is beneficial.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a vibrant, highly interactive working environment with the ability to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines. You will learn from the CENTURI scientific community, and contribute to the development of a platform for software solutions in data processing and analysis, available and shared among its members.
Salary will be based on Aix-Marseille University’s salary scale, with a gross monthly salary between € 2,300 and € 3,500 (based on experience).
Applications should include:
- A CV (including a list of publications)
- A cover letter (describing past experience with data analysis)
- Two recommendation letters