Job Offer: Data neuroscientistneuroscience data processing
CENTURI is seeking a highly motivated research engineer on image data processing to fill the post of data scientist dedicated to neuroscience datasets, within CENTURI’s technology transfer platform. This position will be a central point of data analysis, data sharing and code sharing for our research community.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to
- Provide advice and support to researchers with signal processing and data mining (large data analysis and integration, unsupervised/supervised learning, dimension reduction, statistics, deep learning techniques, etc.)
- Assist in transfer of knowledge between the teams of the CENTURI project
- Have a theoretical understanding of the algorithms used for data analysis; perform independent literature search to keep abreast of appropriate methods and technologies.
- Organize and conduct courses on data analysis for the CENTURI community: PhD students, postdocs, researchers
- Participate in the setup of an infrastructure for data sharing within the CENTURI project
- Participate in the development and maintenance the infrastructure of software sharing and code transfer within the CENTURI project
Image data processing will be at the core of the project. The successful candidate will be part of the data lab team of the CENTURI engineering platform. Your expertise will help shape the data sharing and analysis platform and you will be able to learn from, as well as share your knowledge within the CENTURI community.
Your qualifications / expected profile
You have a Master’s degree (at least) or a PhD (preferred) in data science (University, engineering school), Computer Sciences or in Physics/Engineering/Applied Physics, with a strong interest and experience in computational developments together with knowledge of image processing and analysis, statistical data modelling and analysis (including multimodal data), signal filtering, machine learning theory and practice.
You have a strong experience (at least 5 years with a Master’s degree, at least three years with a PhD) in research support or research in biological data analysis. Experience in a service facility is strongly advantageous. Teaching experience would be a plus.
You will have strong team-playing abilities and be able to interact with researchers from many fields, including biology, physics, mathematics and computer science. A friendly, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
The working language of CENTURI is English, but proficiency in French is beneficial.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a vibrant, highly interactive working environment with the ability to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines. CENTURI offers a two-year contract from Aix-Marseille University (renewable).
The salary will be based on Aix-Marseille University’s salary scale, with a gross monthly salary between € 1,870 and € 3,500 (depending on profile and experience).
Applications must include:
- A CV (including a list of publications)
- A cover letter (describing past experience with data analysis)
- Two recommendation letters
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact: Rosa Cossart - firstname.lastname@example.org