Job Offer: Data analyst
CENTURI is seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics research engineer to fill the post of lead data scientist/data analyst, within CENTURI’s technology transfer platform. This position will be a central point of data analysis, data sharing and code sharing for our research community.
Job duties include, but are not restricted to
- Provide advice and support to researchers concerning data analysis and data mining (such as large data analysis and integration, unsupervised/supervised learning, dimension reduction, statistics, genome analysis, modeling, deep learning techniques, etc.)
- Have a theoretical understanding of the algorithms used for data analysis and analysis and perform independent literature search to keep abreast of appropriate methods and technologies.
- Organize and conduct courses on bioinformatics and data analysis for the CENTURI community: PhD students, postdocs, researchers
- Participate in the setup of an infrastructure for data sharing within the CENTURI project
- Participate in the development and maintenance the infrastructure of software sharing and code transfer within the CENTURI project
- Assist in technology transfer between the teams of the CENTURI project
The types of data we currently foresee may include high-throughput sequencing data, epigenetics, genomics, proteomics, metagenomics, etc. The successful candidate will work in the Multi-engineering platform within CENTURI. Your expertise will help shape the data sharing and analysis platform and you will be able to learn from, as well as share your knowledge within the CENTURI community.
Your qualifications / expected profile
You have a Master’s degree (at least) or a PhD (preferred) in bioinformatics, computational biology or data science (University, engineering school).
You have a strong experience (at least 5 years with a Master’s degree, at least three years with a PhD) in research support or research in bioinformatics, biostatistics or biological data analysis. Experience in a service facility is strongly advantageous. Teaching experience in bioinformatics/biostatistics would be a plus. Knowledge of large-scale biological data analysis is a must.
You will have strong team-playing abilities and be able to interact with researchers from many fields, including biology, physics, mathematics and computer science. A friendly, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
Previous team management experience will be an advantage.
The working language of CENTURI is English, but proficiency in French is beneficial.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a vibrant, highly interactive working environment with the ability to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines. CENTURI offers a two-year contract from the Aix-Marseille Université (renewable).
The salary will be based on Aix-Marseille University’s salary scale, with a gross monthly salary between € 1,870 and € 3,500 (depending on profile and experience).
Applications must include:
- A CV (including a list of publications)
- A cover letter (describing past experience with data analysis)
- Two recommendation letters
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact: Christine Brun (TAGC) - firstname.lastname@example.org